Tips and Not Losing Karma

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tips and Not Losing Karma

Post by Howrse on Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:50 am

A Quick Guide to Auction Success (Or, "How not to end up with less karma than you started, and/or not selling your horse")

--- Do not reserve auctions. This costs you -1 karma and is forbidden. Reserving an auction is when you say "Don't bid, this horse is for so-and-so" or "Don't bid, I don't want to sell, my horse is safe here!" This is outlined very thoroughly in the rules but a lot of people still do it. Don't get caught in this! Take it to the private sales, or tell your potential buyer to take their chances.

--- Price your horse reasonably. You may need the money, sure, but most of us don't have $5,000 or even $10,000 to spare, much less for an untrained foal from unknown bloodlines. Their parents aren't even worth that much--combined. If you want money, think lower. You'll get more bids if your price is under $1000 to start.

--- Please don't beg or exaggerate. You may need money, but begging us to bid high might not work to your favour (especially if your horse is priced at $50,000--not happening!). Highlighting your horse's strengths, those of its parents, or perhaps what you were breeding them for is probably a better thing to do than saying you need the money, or giving a reason why you're selling, or even saying "my horse is perfect, buy now, keep in touch, five star homes only!"... Then again, if the price is right and the horse looks good, people will bid anyway, so it's relative.

--- Follow forum etiquette in your ad. Don't use too many smileys or exclamation marks or write in all-caps, or your ad will be edited to conform to these rules.
Good luck with the sale!
Howrse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-07-14

View user profile http://howrse-sos.sos4um.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Tips and Not Losing Karma

Post by Anni on Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:11 am

I had a account about 80 days ago and i accidently bid on a howrse and won it so i lost karma(i had no point at that stage)
Anni

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top